Friday 23 November 2012

A Busy Afternoon In Panjim

Had problems in obtaining an internet connection after recharging my Tata Photon USB. It was showing that I had been disconnected and as the agent I bought the USB from was no longer working for Tata Photon, I had to find the Head Office in Panjim.

I headed off and met Suhail Mir outside his shop opposite the complex.



He said he also needed to go to Panjim for a few things, so we headed off together.



We caught the Panjim bus at the bottom of our lane and got off at Betim to catch the Ferry to Panjim.



The Ferry goes into the center of town quite near to the market where Suhail had to go for his Halal Chicken and some vegetables.





We then went to a shop next to Fidalgo Hotel, where I bought a good quality Prestige Circulon Contempo Pan to use on our Induction cooker. Guy gave me a bit of discount 1800 rupees instead of 2220.

Trekked all the way over town in the searing heat towards the Bus Terminal via the bridge over the river.



Suhail dropped off a mobile phone which required unlocking at a shop near to the bridge, then we headed to the Bus Terminal where Suhail bought 2 shirts, one for him and another for his cousin Adil.



We eventually located the Tata Photon Office, just to find that they have moved to the centre of Panjim, next to ICICI Bank, near to the white church.




By this time, Suhails mobile phone was ready, so we collected that and walked back through the city to find the Tata Photon Office, stopping along the way to replenish the fluid loss (water only - no kidding).

When we got to the Tata shop, that checked my account and device and both were fine, meaning it was a problem with my laptop.

As we arrived at the Ferry, it had just left, so we had enough time to get a plain lime soda before catching the next one.



Once I got home, eventually realised that the USB was not working in 2 of the ports on my laptop, but managed to get it working through the third port. Wey Hey, tinternet after 3 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment